Tuesday, April 16, 2019

April 16, 2019  (12 months past my expiration date)

The Saga, continues.  It is a saga of sorts.  We call this winter The WWW.  Wicked Weather Wednesday.  Every Chemo session presented impassible roads, so I missed 4 sessions.

My little cancer buddies took advantage of that, and grew their little civilization, beyond what we had compromised on.  I warned them, now I'm going to kill them.

I go on to round two, Folfiri, to battle this.  It's a different drug cocktail, with different side effects.

Let's be honest here.  I'm not going to win.  That day will come, sooner or later, as it is designed, But I want to tell you something.  I have two families.  My Wife, who has been by my side through this whole ordeal, while battling her own cancer issues.

Our motto is:

 Your either, By My Side

On My Side

Or, Just in The Way

I am fortunate to have a second family.  My Employer.  They have been my family too.  By my side always, and On My Side, always.

Without these people, I wouldn't have made it this long.

As I approach that finish line, they have given me a blessing, I hope other also receive.

Love, Compassion, and Understanding.

As I travel on to the next part of this grand adventure, I'll, live and learn, with the knowledge, that I never gave up.

Then, again, I'm still here.  If your looking to jump in my place in line, hold off.  I might surprise  you.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment